Friday, July 8, 2011

Laura Sees Movies: Bad Teacher

I've already had like two people say to me, "why would you see that?" And all I can say is, well, I like crap.

Bad Teacher is medium entertaining crap.


It's not terrible. It's not great either which is slightly a bummer because I feel the premise and the Cameron Diaz character had the potential to be a really great comedy. But whatever I guess.

All of the best jokes were shown in the preview. The only thing that's even almost as funny as the stuff in the preview is this dry humping Justin Timberlake scene which I'm sure you've already heard about. and I don't even know if it was actually funny or if I was just remembering how funny the dry humping stuff in Going the Distance was. Plus it's fun to watch JT act like a dork.

Jason Segal is the best, I hope he wants me to be his girlfriend because I would be totally into that. He is hilarious and heartfelt. Such a winning combination for these types of movies. However, the laughs aren't enough to make it great, and like I said, the big hits are all his lines that you've already seen in the preview. If you haven't seen the preview I'm wondering how you decide which movies to go see, where you live, and what you do on a daily basis. In fact I'd like to study you so contact me.

Basically I say rent it or wait til it's on demand and watch it. It's not a total waste of time but I won't be buying the DVD or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment