Thursday, September 22, 2011

Laura Sees Movies: Drive



I know I should have posted this earlier in the week but I've been terribly lazy.

Drive is phenomenal. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It feels timeless as if you are finally getting around to seeing a movie you've always known was great. Classic.

I rushed out to see it last weekend due to trusted buzz and this outstanding review by Roger Ebert whose words rang in my head as I watched the film.

Extremely quiet, extremely violent, and extremely simple, this movie is perfectly executed. A story that leaves you wanting more yet provides all you require to be entirely captivated. Nothing is given away and all of our emotions are earned. Well done.

Drive will be remembered as one of this years most unique and refreshing movies. Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment