Monday, July 18, 2011

Laura Sees Movies: Horrible Bosses

Horrible Bosses is great.

I was stoked for this movie mostly because I am a big fan of most of the cast. I think Charlie Day is unbelievably funny, I'm a huge It's Always Sunny fan, I adore Jason Bateman, and I am also Team Jennifer. Although this does conflict with my love of Angelina Jolie's humanitarian work and tattoos, but I digress.

Horrible Bosses is a riot and the plot is perfect for these rough economic times. Literally, given the market, it does actually seem plausible that plotting to kill your horrible boss would be easier than looking for a new job.

It also seems that the boys, Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason Sudekis all went to improv town and basically filled the script with terrific one-liners. Not to take anything away from the writing but their fingerprints seem to be all over most of the take away laugh lines.

Go see it. It's delightful and hilarious. Is it the funniest movie I've ever seen? Nope. But I loved it and I would see it again in a heartbeat. Thoroughly enjoyable, silly, a fun romp. Jamie Foxx makes a radically funny appearance as well.

Seriously, get a big bag of popcorn and go as soon as you can. A full theater full of loud laughs will make it more fun. Twizzlers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment