Monday, July 11, 2011

Laura Sees Movies: Thor

This guy is hot. I know women throw that word around a lot, but I am serious. This dude is the real kind of hot. He looks like a man and he's huge.


Take note. This movie is directed by Kenneth Branagh. DOESN'T THAT CHANGE EVERYTHING??!!! So fun.



Naturally, now that you know this, the movie has a super dramatic, almost Shakespearean quality, and it's awesome. It's all camp, but I think it's perfect. I've heard some people say this movie sucked, but I'm just imagining they have a bad personal relationship with Kenneth Branagh or they didn't know he directed it. Or they hate fun.

In contrast to the terrible exposition in The Green Lantern this flick weaves the  exposition into the fabric of the overall story. Basically the back story that explains Thor, who he is, and what world he comes from, runs parallel to the planet earth story line so you don't feel spoon fed or confused, it's all just part of the movie.

I need to mention that the main reason I enjoyed this so much is largely in part to Natalie Portman's performance. (and Chris Hemsworth's sexiness). In this, much like Liv Tyler's performance in the Marvel Hulk, you are 100% sold that this young lady exists, and that she would fall in love with this guy. For some reason, lame ass chicks in movies can really bring it down. Natalie Portman's a badass. I hope she goes back to being vegan now that her cookie demanding baby is born. It raises her badassness level.

Anyways I say go see it! That's right, I liked it that much. I thought it was fun, silly, and has some great laugh lines, and awesome action scenes. There's also another Avengers teaser after the credits so don't leave the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment