Friday, August 19, 2011

Laura Sees Movies: Captain America




Ok guys, I realize you all must think that all I do is see comic book movies and then develop huge crushes on the actors who play the heroes but lets be clear here. My crush on Captain America goes WAY back.

Well, my crush on Chris Evans goes way back. Sigh. C'est la vie. I could not love him more. Handsome, funny, and literally in this movie they have him play the nicest guy in the world and then use chemicals make him the hottest man in the world (kind of like the Stepford Wives except way better and for ladies). Oh dear lord. Be still my heart.

I want to talk about the movie here but it's difficult. I saw this on my birthday with two of my girlfriends, who are naturally also quite enamored of our protagonist due to his hysterical turn in Not Another Teen Movie. (that's right, this crush is 10 years old. take that Twi-hards. your Pattinson love has got nothing on my Evans love). I digress. We saw it in Times Square which is a terrible location to see a movie and a bunch of weird distracting stuff happened.

Before the movie started something major went down in an adjacent theater and all the managers and staff went running in, and then, during the movie, in the midst a major action sequence, someone threw a soda on us. Us and like half the other people in the place. It was definitely a large. A lot of people flipped so naturally, my attention was split. One girl even had the manager come in so she could complain in front of all of us in the middle of the movie.

Basically I spent the entire movie thinking about having sex with Chris Evans. Honestly I thought of little else. Except occasionally wondering who threw the coke and what kind of drama was happening next door.

I need to sum up. Did I like it? Hells yes, Chris Evan is so badass and he makes a great Captain America. His love interest was a highlight as well, played by Haley Atwell, an incredibly beautiful woman who actually looks like she consumes more than 800 calories a day and was believable as a solider herself. However, I can't in good conscience say that I have much of a clue as to what actually happened plot wise.

I will say this. After the credits there was another Avengers teaser, essentially an Avengers trailer. I think this Captain America flick was sort of a throw away for me (maybe Hollywood too? yes? no?) because basically we just needed his story to be set up so we can go watch the Avengers movie now. Which, for the record, looks phenomenal. SO EXCITED.

No comments:

Post a Comment